1. SOME VIDEO CLIPS FROM THE LAUNCH OF “TIMES & PLACES” AT ST. JAMES HALL IN VANCOUVER, JUNE 25, 2016, with (l.-r.) Victor Smith, Michael Burnyeat, Amy Stephen & Jeremy Holmes
When the Tide Goes Out (from the album Saltchuck Serenade)
Time Is a River
George the Blacksmith
Beer Is Good For You
2. THE TALE OF THOMAS NICKERSON, ©Brian Robertson, 2010, an epic ballad of 19 verses performed at the First Congregational Church of Chatham, Massachusetts for the 2011 Nickerson Annual Gathering. The tune is adapted from the traditional Irish maritime song, The Flying Cloud.
Thomas Nickerson was the cabin boy aboard the whaler Essex, which was stove in and sunk by an enraged sperm whale in the central Pacific in 1819. The incident inspired Herman Melville to write the American classic novel Moby Dick, and the crew’s desperate voyage of survival in small whaling boats to the Chilean coast was portrayed in the recent movie In the Heart of the Sea.
3. SEA SHANTY AUDIO CLIPS
Brian sings lead in these samples from one of his favourite musical genres
Johnny Come Down to Hilo [short version]; Brian, with the Irish Wakers
Bully in the Alley; Brian, with the Armchair Sailors
4. HOT AIR BALLOON ©Brian Robertson, 2006, at the 2007-08 Northwest New Years’ Camp, with Dave Bartley (mandolin) and Claude Ginsburg (violin).
5. HERE BESIDE YOU [Finale], in the moonlight anchored in Port Browning in the Gulf Islands, BC
6. SOME PHOTOS- a slide show, and individual stills [below]
Special thanks to Beth Walters and Natalie Wright for the photos and videos [unless otherwise credited] that have been used on this website!